We Are Crew: A Culture Centered on Belonging, Purpose and Agency
In-Person Event, Institute
- City Las Vegas, NV
- Grade Level
K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
Public, EL Education Partners
In EL Education schools, Crew is both a structure and a culture.The structure of Crew, EL Education’s framework for daily whole-class meetings in elementary schools and small advisory groups in secondary school, is research-informed and supports cultivating a Crew culture-a school culture that nurtures social-emotional and academic development, affirms diverse identities, supports courageous conversations, fosters belonging, and centers authentic and trusting relationships.
Join this professional learning experience to discover:
- how Crew is an engine that drives equitable outcomes for all students.
- how to implement the structure of Crew to cultivate a culture of Crew-centered on belonging, purpose and agency- among staff and students alike.
- Participants will engage with educators and leaders from across the country through the structure of Crew to serve cultivating a Culture of Crew.
- Participants will explore how the structure and culture of Crew can create conditions for
- fostering a sense of belonging purpose and agency among students and staff
- courageous conversations with students and staff around important topics such as equity, racism, identity, and action for social justice
- supported academic success
- effective post-secondary preparation
- assessing the efficacy of Crew in schools
- Participants will connect to and enhance their professional practice through contextualizing their learning, supporting implementing Crew for staff, elementary and secondary students.
- Participants evolve their understanding of the structure and culture of Crew and begin planning for implementation that impels all members of a school community to work together as a team and support each other in service of academic success.
Please click here for policies, logistics, and pricing information.
This 3-day institute will take place July 24-26, 2023.
Registration will open Monday, August 8th at noon Eastern time.