Expeditions and Case Studies and Planning, Oh My! - Explorer Academy Site Seminar
In-Person Event, Site Seminar
- City Huntington, WV
- Grade Level
Pre-K, K-2, 3-5
Public, EL Education Partners
Come visit Explorer Academy, a public, PK-5 school that is credentialed in both character and high-quality work, to dive into a live expedition!
Participants will learn about the components of expedition and case study planning, how to successfully implement with all students, identify and network community resources, experts, and fieldwork opportunities, and how to scaffold student learning to produce high-quality work. This institute will benefit participants whether or not they implement the EL Education ELA curriculum. We welcome all audiences!
Site seminars are two-day, in-person events where participants can take a deep dive into the EL Education model. You can expect to interact with students, school leaders, teachers, and more during your visit. Participants will have the opportunity to visit EL classrooms in action and see targeted Core Practices come to life in an environment that strives to provide an equitable experience for all learners.
- Engage with other educators from around the nation and build a collaborative community of learning as you immerse yourself in the world of expeditions.
- Explore the interaction between:
- Core Practice 6: Designing Case Studies
- Core Practice 7: Incorporating Fieldwork, Experts, and Service Learning
- Core Practice 8: Designing Projects and Products
- Enhance your understanding of how to create, launch, and successfully run an expedition.
- Evolve your beliefs in what students are capable of and how they can deeply engage with and contribute to their community in a powerful and meaningful way.
This is an in-person event. For participant safety, EL Education requires attendees to be vaccinated and show a negative COVID-19 test in order to attend. Please see details here.
Please click here for policies, logistics, and pricing information.
Registration has now closed for this event.