EL Education 2017 National Conference
- City Chicago, IL
Educators, Students, School Leaders, District Leaders, Instructional Coaches
Public, EL Education Network
SAVE THE DATE - October 27-29, 2017, Chicago
The EL Education 2017 National Conference - our signature annual learning event - will be held from October 27th to October 29th in Chicago, featuring more than 100 master classes and a variety of opportunities for educators to exchange expertise with hundreds of like-minded colleagues. Optional pre-conference day learning opportunities will be available on October 26th.
**REQUEST FOR MASTER CLASS PROPOSALS**
Do you want to share your wisdom and expertise by facilitating a two-hour Master Class? We're looking for awesome proposals in the following areas:
- Culture and Character
- Diversity and Equity
- Fitness, Wellness, Adventure
- High-Quality Work
- Learning Expeditions – includes science, social studies, project-based learning, fieldwork, experts, service learning, the arts
- Student-Engaged Assessment
- Supporting All Students – includes ELL, differentiation, special education
Click here for more information on how to submit a proposal. The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2017.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AT ELNC17?
- Masterful master classes
- In more than 100 master classes, you’ll experience a different kind of professional development, facilitated by EL Education teachers and staff members. You’ll “live the learning” by experiencing EL Education practices as if you were in an EL Education classroom. Here’s a sample of master class titles from our 2016 National Conference:
- Creating a Comprehensive Approach to Literacy
- All Grown Up: Leadership Moves for Renewal and Revitalization
- Constructing a Culture of Liberation and Joy
- Powerful, Collaborative Mathematics Instruction with Math Circles
- Bringing the School and Community Together Around the 10 Design Principles
- Extra learning on pre-conference day
Exciting Pre-Conference Day Learning
If you’re interested in digging into the EL Education model, you can sign up for our pre-conference day offerings which include EL Education school visits and slate of other full-day workshops. See all of the 2017 offerings here. Here are some highlights:
- Disrupting Inequity in our Schools and Beyond: how can we become warriors for social justice?
- A humanities or science-focused ”slice” of a EL Education learning expedition. Slices allow participants to “live the learning” by studying a local topic.
- School visits to Polaris Charter Academy in Chicago and Harborside Academy in Kenosha, WI.
- Exploring Paradigm Shifts in Literacy Instruction.
Inspiring Keynote Speakers
EL Education’s keynote speakers complement your learning experience. Opening session features a speaker who inspires and provides insights about teaching and learning. Closing session spotlights students who share their experiences in an EL Education school and how their work benefits their communities.
Exemplary School Projects
Looking for inspiration to make your classroom come alive? Want to see exactly what EL Education students are creating? Walk through our mini-museum of high quality student work from EL schools nationwide and see what is possible! We have over 300 projects just like these to inspire and excite on our Models of Excellence: Center for High Quality Student Work site.
A gathering of Crew learning together and connected by shared beliefs of how education can and should be for all students.
Experience more of our annual gathering with these 2016 video highlights:
- Keynote by Harborside Academy students on their ethic of service.
- Klingenstein Teacher Award honoree Chris Dolgos of Genesee Charter School in Rochester, NY.
- Silverberg Leadership Award honoree Derek Pierce of Casco Bay High School in Portland, ME.
Day one (10.26.17)
Day two (10.27.17)
Day 1 - Opening Session and Master Classes
Day three (10.28.17)
Day 2 - Master Classes and Reception
Day four (10.29.17)
Day 3 - Student keynote