Silverberg Leadership Award
Thank you for your interest in the Silverberg Leadership Award. Please note that the nomination window for 2016 is now closed.
The Silverberg Leadership Award is given annually to a school leader who has successfully implemented EL Education pedagogy and culture, and has demonstrated a striving for continuous improvement in both.
The Silverberg Leadership Award is given to an exemplary school leader who has successfully impacted student achievement outcomes through a deep implementation of EL Education practices. Nominees should have inspired teachers, administrative staff, and students to embrace EL Education culture and to lead students to a superior education, enhanced character development, and sense of civic responsibility. The recipient should:
- Catalyze positive leadership as a shared function in EL Education schools from teachers, parents, and students;
- Inspire teachers and students to embrace the EL Education culture of quality and collegiality;
- Create an atmosphere of engagement and high standards for both learning and character;
- Set a “higher bar” for and recognize excellence among teachers and students; and
- Encourage innovation while providing teachers the means to explore outstanding practices employed in the EL Education community.
Prize and Benefits
The recipient of the Silverberg Leadership Award will receive:
- A cash prize of $5,000
- An invitation to attend the 2016 EL Education National Conference in Detroit, with all expenses paid, and to receive the Award during the Closing Session of the National Conference
This award is made possible by the generous support of Irwin Silverberg, Treasurer of the Board of Directors of EL Education.