- Partner Schools
- Denver, CO
Join Our Team
“RMSEL scholars will demonstrate pride and ownership as they grow into responsible citizens, who strive for high academic achievement and character excellence. RMSEL staff will equip our students with tools for success in order to make a positive impact on our local and global community. Through our actions, our community will exemplify Expeditionary Learning.”
K-12 Visual Arts Full-Time Long-Term Substitute
The Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning (RMSEL) is looking for a dedicated full-time K-12 Visual Arts Long-Term Substitute Teacher to join our staff. This position involves teaching two 2nd/3rd grade specials classes, two 8th grade specials classes, and two high school elective classes. The position will begin on April 26, 2017 and go through June 2, 2017.
RMSEL is a public, K-12 school of choice serving students from five Denver-area school districts: Aurora, Cherry Creek, Denver, Douglas County, and Littleton. The school, founded in 1993, is a learning community designed around multidisciplinary, integrated learning expeditions. Expeditionary Learning places emphasis on high academic achievement as well as on character development. We believe that, given the right support and a caring and compassionate learning environment, all students can and want to learn. Our standards-based portfolio assessment system makes explicit the criteria by which success can be measured and documents the accomplishment of high academic and character standards.
Teachers at RMSEL are expected to participate in a community of shared leadership—teaching and caring for students; developing curriculum; leading students in service, travel, and fieldwork; and engaging in professional development.
* Implementing an AVID program for 6th – 12th grade RMSEL students * Designing curriculum and
instructional practices that reflect Expeditionary Learning Core Practices through supporting students with AVID strategies for success * Monitoring the performance and progress of students and communicating this information with parents to enhance family partnerships * Working collaboratively with teacher teams to support students as they grow into responsible scholars and citizens * Design collaborative and independent activities for lower school students that get them moving . This “movement” is in service of an active and healthy lifestyle * Committing to and actively participating in professional development and coaching cycles.
* Willingness to participate in professional development and coaching as you build a successful AVID program * Willingness to collaborate with our lead fitness teacher * Successful experience with teaching at multiple school levels * Ability to establish a positive classroom culture with consistent and clear expectations * Strong communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents, and colleagues * Ability to develop and maintain strong parent partnerships * Experience with traditional and alternative assessments * Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners * Possess or be eligible for a Colorado Department of Education teaching.
RMSEL values its team of amazing educators. Teachers at RMSEL receive:
* A teaching and learning environment that empowers teachers to connect content and curriculum outside of the classroom through engaging fieldwork experiences * The opportunity to work with a team of professional educators that values relationships with colleagues and students
* A supportive and invested parent community * A positive school culture tied to our mission and vision
* Multiple professional development opportunities, both on and off site * A one teacher to 25 student classroom ratio * One hundred minutes of daily planning* A leadership team that values teachers and students * A community that values their work, while having fun doing it!
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 professional references directly to RMSEL via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no phone calls.
Deadline for application is Friday, January 27th but interviews may be conducted as soon as qualified applicants are identified.